photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Wednesday 31 July 2013

University secrets

This could be interesting... 

Durham University, Queens Campus, Stockton-on-Tees (yep, the North East - don't knock it!) 


"where's all the fit lads?" 
"why is it 78.4% girls?"- the questions all the girls were asking each other 

"I'm in heaven"
"where did I store my condoms?" - what the lads were saying 

its University, most people meet the person they spend the rest of their lives with at uni, of course this is what people were thinking! 

Never have I ever 

Ok, it took me several weeks to understand the rules of this game 
NB: drink when you HAVE done what someone says they "never have" 

(there have been occasions when I have drank to things such as "never have I ever had a threesome" - I haven't, honest) 

This game often involved many people "dropping out" at certain points, 
especially when one boy dropped the "never have I ever masturbated" bomb - silence (at least wait till year 2 for those types!) 

Can you keep a secret?

Wow, the times I have heard this, 
"of course" - the majority of people do! 

Any juicy gossip? - no chance and I mean NO CHANCE. 
keep things to yourself as much as you can, I definitely learned that way! 
choose your 'secret keepers' wisely

Gossip Girl

Yes, really, a Durham University Gossip Girl Twitter account was set up, I was a suspect (just because my window was perfectly positioned to see most goings on - it wasn't me, unfortunately!) 

This caused uproar! 
It was publicly posted when X was seen leaving Y's block etc... you get the picture. 

Again, being an undercover agent is best at Uni, 

The "Who can sleep with the whole of campus" game 

I didn't enter, I was too busy revising all the time, yep all the time - even at Christmas when we didn't even have exams 

Some people got a reputation though - if you're a lad, great (not really, but whatever), if you're a girl, oh dear. 

BUT - as I say (you may quote me) "Those that matter don't mind and those that mind, don't matter" (Smith, R. 2013) 

You're friends won't care who you get around with - makes nights in much more interesting (or the morning afters, or tbh that night after the action!!) 

Just try not to upset people - I've seen it happen and its a dog eat dog world (or lad sleeps with girl, is a prick, moves on, girls gets upset - standard, but sad) 

NB: twister? its never twister... where is there space to fit a twister mat? - exactly! 

Best time ever (not best song ever)

It is literally amazing at Uni, everyone should go, just for the experience (life that is!)

It goes far too fast though. And now, onto the second year, I'm hoping and praying (please God) that the partying does continue and the friends keep on coming! (as in, I get more, friends that is, jeez)

  • Middlesbrough Empire Saturdays - wow, keep dancing till 4am 
  • Photo bomb as many pictures as you can - especially in freshers
  • Try anything! (except that - you might hurt yourself)
  • Take Berocca - or grow an orangery 
  • Don't pay for a TV license in halls (naughty) 

RHS x 

2 comments:

  1. Hardy Hardyyy Harrrrr, got to love a bit of "Never have I ever"...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never loved a blog post quite as much as I love this one, and you have not even scratched the surface of the past year yet! A few weeks to grasp the concept of never have I ever? And the rest! Seriously though, alongside snapchat, this blog is the best thing I've seen all summer, and may keep me going through my Ruth-less months (ooh, play on words there!) Please continue, much love Smith.

    ReplyDelete