photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Wednesday 9 October 2013

Decaffeinated Red Bull

It's rather unfortunate that I cannot have caffeine - I've been asked several times this week how I manage through exams and more importantly freshers' week without caffeine or alcohol. The answer is that I can get through exams fine but I really struggled this week without a pick-me-up. 

But, I no longer need to worry. Your Fairy God Mother (moi) has found a fantastic alternative to sugar-loaded, heart-hating, palpitation-loving Red Bull (and other caffeinated drinks...) and it comes in the form of Vitamin B. Vitamin B helps your body to release energy from the food you consume. 

Introducing Purdey's Rejuvenate - the first few ingrediants in Red Bull (I used to love RB I'm just comparing!) are: water, sugar, carbon dioxide and caramel sugar syrup. HOWEVER - in Purdey's they are: fruit juices from concentrate (grape and apple), carbonated spring water (for a little fizzzz), natural peach flavouring and botanical extracts...

Now these "Botanical Extracts" got me googling (and just generally very excited) - Damiana is a main ingredient in this drink and several herbal websites told me this is an aphrodisiac and has increased sexual arousal in male rats in lab tests - so... put down the oysters boys!... erm... but other sources tell me its good for weight loss and to speed up the metabolism BYE GREEN TEA! 

NEXT... Oak Bark - now last time I checked I wasn't a bark loving Elk so why are we drinking oak bark? ok so I found that it has endless healing properties ("healing properties"), from healing internal bleeding (i.e. bruises not anything severe), to containing bioflavinoids to strengthen veins and capillaries, reducing fever and is an antiseptic! (don't go pouring on open wounds please). 

NEXT... Chinese Ginseng is in this brown glass bottle to promote memory, thinking ability and overall concentration. #winning to all three botanical extracts - I'm going to buy a botanical plant. 

Ok so admitted a 330ml bottle (the same as a coke can - I know what I'm reaching for) is 24% of your  RDA of sugar intake but there is no added, refined or processed sugar like in Coke (named as it used to contain cocaine) it is all natural sugars from the fruit juices which you know is true because the bottle is 1 of your 5 a day - #winningagain 

Does it really work?

Oh yeahhh... in fact I think I'm still reaping the benefits as I'm a little on the hyper side (what you get for being up since 8am manically applying to seminars...).
I straight away felt better from taking it and it gave me a lift in concentration and allowed me to read a textbook without getting bored or having any mild heart complaints - result! 

Above all I'm game for anything in pretty packaging and this ticks all the boxes - its in a brown glass bottle with a silver coating to protect the B vitamins from the light so they are ready to be activated in your pH 2 stomach. 

The best thing is that its 60p a bottle in B&M (RRP: 82p-£1.20 depending on where you buy) so get yourself down and meet me in the B&M isle!

Stay healthy!
RHS x

1 comment: