photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Thursday 31 October 2013

Happy Hallowe'en

Its officially Hallowe'en - I just prefer putting a " ' " in. I'm so tired right now I can't remember what they are called. 

It was a Durham University night out last night at the infamous Loveshack, a place I was yet to add to
Shrek, a.k.a. Tom Perkins
my clubbing portfolio till last night. Of course the theme was obvious. There were a lot of pumpkins, I was going to go as a pumpkin but the vest was very small - like the overweight hockey girl in school - you know what I mean. So instead I was a dead child (a zombie-esque-thing) - hopefully made obvious by the poor Winnie the Pooh rucksack I made into my clutch bag, whose ear was cut off and had several holes in it to look like it had been to hell and back. I can't put the photos up because they are scaring me. There was Shrek, sported by Tom who looked incredible in his ogre ears and green face and the shirt thing Shrek wears to go with it. He would shout at people "get out of my swamp!" if they were to pass through the group on the dance floor, then proceed to roar at them, brilliant. There was a Michael Jackson (Mark), well a dead MJ anyway (I'm guessing by the eye makeup) A champagne bottle (Greg), a clown (Andy), a fairy (Faye), a killer nurse (Kirsty), a skeleton (Sam), a cat (Rachel), a witch (Natalie) and several other crazily good costumes (boys in tutus was a weird observation I made - a popular choice). Sorry if I've forgotten your costume! 

There's a difference between Durham campus students and Queens campus students. Its official. I have done my own research. Both are Durham University, however the one further South (just outside Middlesborough) is the one which is looked down upon, even though this campus houses Accounting, Medicine and Psychology. hmm. Its official that the girls form Durham campus are slightly on the, shall we say, rude side. They just love annoying you, I thought my deathly stare through my sudocrem-ed face and black eyes would scare anyone but it just makes them more likely to stand on your foot another several times or push past you in the queue for the toilet or just be generally rude and bitchy. Ouch. I don't know about the boys, but boys from Durham campus need to man up and meet the girls from Queens campus and the girls from Durham just need to have lessons in appropriate behaviour. I'm sure there are a few exceptions. Interesting study. 

So back to All Hallows' Eve! did you know its a time (from 31st October to 2nd November) to remember the dead, hence the death costumes (tomorrow its All Saints' Day). I won't go into the different days or what they all symbolise, you are all capable of getting onto Wikipedia. But what is Hallowe'en without a few jokes! (I'm awful at jokes by the way, I find the most unfunny things hilarious)


what do you get when you cross Bambi with a ghost?
Bamboo! (hohoho)

why do ghosts like to ride in elevators?
It lifts their spirits (ooooh)

what's a vampire's favourite fruit?
A NECKtarine (ahh, haha)

ok, ok, last one. I'll make it good. 

I used to be a werewolf but I'm alright nOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW

haha. 
No really, 

I am a werewolf 
November 17th - the next full moon. 

trick or treat! 
RHS x


p.s. it was a trick, I'm not really a werewolf, at least I don't think I am. 
p.s.s. I do however talk in my sleep - true say.
p.s.s.s. All of the views in this post are my own and are not those of Durham University - certainly not those at Durham campus. That's all x 

No comments:

Post a Comment