photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Saturday 26 October 2013

Fitness Freak

Ok, before you freak out at the amount of protein bars I have (this is half of what I bought) I always eat a protein bar after a workout and oh my I can see why boys have protein shakes. I would only advise you taking them if you want to build muscle, not if you're trying to lose weight (even the diet ones) because after working out for 4 days a week and having a protein bar before and after each workout I put on about 5 lbs. 

An average chicken breast is around 21g of protein, I've had protein bars with 35g of protein in them before - admitted it was like chewing grainy nougat and the flavours are never amazing (lets face it whey protein isn't that nice to eat, only to drink) but that much protein after a two hour workout is going to bulk up your muscle - you have to do some weight training (after your cardio!!) obviously it doesn't build muscle from fat - that would be incredible. 

So I raided Holland and Barrett (THE most expensive place to buy protein-  but these were all on offer so its all fine). They didn't have my favourite bar (PhD Women recover and tone) but these will work just as good and surprisingly the "diet" Protopure have the highest protein in them at 20g. Ruth's advice = take with water and eat before 30 minutes after your training. 

So onto the other little things in the picture. My Debenhams shop. Oh dear, they are going to hit record profits today after I just bought two items. This sports bra was £38 but it is so worth it. 10 years of running does no girls any good (speaking from no experience - none. Maybe some) but the more support = the better. It was only this much because its Shock Absorber and its the high intensity running one (sprinting/ long duration). Trust me they last forever and there is no bounce (I jumped up and down a bit in the changing room - lavely). 

The capris (I hate that word), the 3/4 running lycra from X:PG By Jenni Falconer, I have a pair of Adidas capris (3/4s) so I decided to try on the Adidas lycra they had in Debenhams - from no bounce in the sports bra to everything wobbles and jiggles in the lycra. I was shocked at how unsupportive the Adidas ones were (considering how good my other pair are) and when you're running you don't know who is going to be behind you! so I tried these one and they fit like a glove, are so thick they give extra support and they are breathable. So now someone can be on the bikes behind me in the gym won't think a 60 year old saggy lady is running in front of them - delightful! 

Stay trimmed, tight and toned 
RHS x 

p.s. eat protein - lots of it
p.s.s. sorry to the boys for my explicit descriptions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment