photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Friday 2 August 2013

My top 5 summer beauty buys

Summer is still here! And I'm yet to go away! 

Here's the products I'll be packing...

Piz Buin Tan and Protect Accelerating Oil 


This oil is incredible. Not only does it look like you've been dunked into a greasy chip pan (I did go ott on the application one day) but it also makes the whole cast of Geordie Shore green with envy!

It can also be used to give your legs extra sheen on a night out! - several benefits, always a bonus

Really, its that good. I used SPF 6 but they do make it in SPF 15! (please don't burn!) 

Its currently BUY ONE GET ONE FREE AT BOOTS!


Avene Thermale Spring Water


I first disovered this on one of my many summer holidays to France. 
Our French friends were raving over it, so I bought some in France 3 years ago and have used it ever since!

Its great for sensitive skin - great for any red patches after sunbathing! 
It balances the skin's pH and leaves a soft complexion. 

It can be used for everything and everything: after the gym to cool you down (really does work!), or on the beach, after shaving, after beauty regimes such as waxing. 

Its currently £10 at boots but Escentual are selling the 300ml bottle (lasts all year!) for £9, there are also smaller sizes handy for hand luggage! 

Piz Buin Aftersun Tan Intensifier 


(have you noticed I'm a bit of a Piz Buin lover - they have the best sun products I've ever used) 

So, if you still don't have the Geordie Shore cast running after you with jealousy - this will make them run!

Its not a fake tan but it has ingredients (including Vitamin E - to soothe any sun stresses on the skin) to promote your natural tanning ability - so the next day you're ready to bronze again! 

Its also great after you have left your holiday, or the summer is over because your tan lasts a lot longer due to the 24hr Hydration which is essential to prolonging your tan

Its better than half price at Superdrug at £5.24



Wella SP Sun UV Protection Spray


You've landed in Bora Bora, or Faliraki, where ever, with your new head of highlights and after a day in the sun your hair is dry and faded.

You need to protect your hair aswell!
I don't colour my hair but I always use this when I go abroad - the Suns rays are a lot more powerful in Europe and Northern-Southern Africa so this spray is an essential! 

I have also found the spray is good for swimming as well - it stops the chlorine from drying and hardening your hair 

Smells AMAZING also! - great if you're sweating off your Piz Buin - nice. 

It isn't greasy so won't make your bouffant look diabolical - in fact its like a shine enhancing hairspray - another 2in1 - I know, I'm incredible. 

Its curently £10.76 at Beauty Bay.com with free delivery! 



Honey, Marc Jacobs



Ahh the difficulty in choosing a Summer fragrance - I've found it - and I found it only yesterday when a free sample came in this months Elle magazine subscription - An amazing moment 

I've never really been a fan of MJ's perfumes over the years - but this one is a BEAUTY, obviously MJ's are never cheap but they are SO worth it - I'll be first in line for mine over the weekend! 


The only thing I know about top and middle and bottom notes are that on a Piano - nevertheless 'The Fragrance Shop' says it has:
  1.  Top notes of pear, mandarin and orange
  2. Heart notes (what?!) of orange blossom (if you know what that is), peach and honey suckle (aw) 
  3. Base notes (dubstep?) of honey and vanilla
AHA! - the base notes, thats what I could smell, it isn't particularly floral (hence most of the notes being fruit!) but its sweet but not sickly - it will be easy to wear by the pool (if you must waste it by swimming!) and of an evening!

Its got a golden sparkle about it

50ml at The Fragrance Shop is £49.50 (50p less than RRP - bargain...) you do get a free make up bag!
100ml = £67.50

50ml at Life and Looks is £41! (no make-up bag... sigh) 

Pricey but I don't care - I love it (hmm, I should make that into a song) 

-

Ahh, summer - now you can enjoy it with my best buys!

Happy Shopping! - please feel free to share any of your favourite summer buys (Tweet me  @RuthHannahSmith)

Love

RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment