photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Saturday 31 August 2013

Saturday morning shopping

I was in town (Derby) at 9:50am bright and early, fresh as a daisy (After I eventually managed to wash out the oil from my hair, thanks to yesterday's spa day), early bird catching its worm, sorta thing. 

Its 3 days before myself and 2 friends depart for Marbella and I frantically hit the shops searching for things I "may have forgotten" 

I wanted a book, euros and then just seeing what else there was. Well I came back with these beauties (and more... but I've already packed them. oops) 

Holland and Barrett have a buy one get one half price sale on so I got my favourite Thai Chilli Rice Crackers (two, ofcourse) they're great for snacking, High Protein and Fibre Muesli (for snacking with soya milk - the best plant protein there is btw), Centrum, because I'm clever so Centrum is clever so its going to be good (I needed some new A-Z's and it says that it has a combination of vitamins to increase metabolism! - tick), then I went a bit macho woman and got some PhD Woman (nicely put men) Support and Recovery toning bar (the protein in it comes from soya everything - what was I saying about soya? and they're 93 calories - take after a workout and Bob is probably not your uncle).

Boots Anyone who knows me know that I can go a little chicken jalfrezi in Boots and today was no different. I went to the Clinique counter, they had an offer of buy 3 items and get £7.50 worth of points on your Boots card! Now I am always swayed by Operant Conditioning so I was sold! I even got a free gift worth £50! containing mascara, lip gloss, nail polish, nail file, my favourite eye cream and a moisture surge cream, all in a cute travel bag. Awhh. So I bought a  jumbo Clarifying Lotion, a Mild Facial Soap and a Lipstick in #11 - a beautiful coral. I handed over nearly £60, he handed over a £50 free gift and £7.50 worth of points. I think I got a bargain there... Now what to spend my £25 worth of points on... 

Waterstones Ahh my dreams are always in Waterstones. Not actually. But as well all know I love my classics. I've read more Jane Austen than she actually wrote and laughed at Oscar Wilde's witty banter, we shall call him Dave. Anyway... today I have bought Anna Karenina, Leo Tolstoy (I know I will love it because I love Kiera Knightly... loose connection but I just know, now just how to get through its 1000 pages) and Villette, Charlotte Brontë - about a woman who goes to work in a boarding school with unruly girls and falls in love with an English teacher... That sounds like a school I know... 

Happy Shopping!

RHS x



No comments:

Post a Comment