photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Tuesday 6 August 2013

The calm before the storm

I'm sat in bed - Don't be too shocked, I was at work till 12:30am 

Listening to 'Blue Velvet' by Lana Del Rey.


Thinking - what next? 


I'm not talking the deep "what am I?" "where am I heading in life?" kind of thinking - get real. 


I'm thinking what do I blog about. 


I feel I'm having a lul. 


I'm going to Durham on friday (hometown 2) and I can feel things brewing up there. 


I'm going to France in 9 days (oh how I love love love going to France - await lots of pictures of chateaus and me drinking samples of wine) 


I'm going to Marbella in just under a month (with two friends and I am so excited, just to go to Surrey to be honest - expect where to go and where not to go I'm picturing)



But I thought to end this random blog I would share one of my greatest loves... 

Yes, the piano. 


Horrible to hear (again) but I have broken yet another violin string, this time the D, first it was the A, then they wanted to change the E too (don't make them so damn thin then!)


But my piano is still perfectly in tune
- of course it is because it loves me. 

I have my lovely concert grand Steinway and Son 

but I dream of having an upright Kemble. 


I may have got that the wrong way round. 


Anyway, getting lost in classical music isn't something to shout about I can imagine but its definitely what got be through A levels, GCSE's and my first year at Uni, 


If you can't play the piano - I highly advise you listen to it (Einaudi has released several albums on iTunes - he's one of the ones that are still alive - most of the pieces I play are from pianists who were around in the 1700's. 


And I also think if I can pass my grade eight piano after 3 months at Uni with no piano teacher - anyone can do anything if you put your mind to it



RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment