photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Sunday 25 August 2013

The Sunday Communiqué #1

Mascaras - the good, the bad and the very ugly and overpriced... 


I have an abundance of mascaras - that I have collected over the years - very naughty as mascaras should be thrown out every three months! - but I have gathered together my favourites and some that have left me very disappointed... 

The L'Oreal Classics: L'Oreal has never failed to supply good mascaras, my favourite is Lash Architect in Waterproof but they're stopped selling it. However the second best thing is the Lash Architect 4D in Waterproof - forget your false lashes, with a quick curl this mascara makes your lashes look incredible and they stay all night (invest in a good mascara remover! I use Botanics All Bright Eye Make-up Remover). I was swanning through boots yesterday to go and purchase L'Oreal Telescopic mascara only to realise L'Oreal cosmetics in Boots is two for £14! - So I bought Telescopic and Double Extension Renewal which has a white mascara to lengthen lashes and a black mascara to curl and add definition - I love them both - however they are both more of a day time mascara where as Lash Architect 4D is a night-time heavier long lasting mascara. 

YSL: YSL Shocking is a very good mascara - I need more and was devastated when it ran out - however it is on the pricey side at around £23 in House of Fraser, however it was well worth it and very much acted like the Lash Architect however gave a softer finish. It curls lashes and holds them in place and separates at the same time. 

No.7 Intense Volume: this is my bottom lash mascara - yep, forget Clinique's overpriced bottom lash mascara this one is just as good at adding definition to bottom lashes without making them clogged - it isn't a very good top lash mascara as it just leaves lashes looking thick and limp. 

Seventeen Peep Show: This was bought as a bit of a "Help I just need a good day mascara that isn't expensive" thing - and I have to say at about £5 it is my trusty go-to - I wear it for less extravagant occasions like going to work or days out (so long as it doesn't rain! - there is no waterproof alternative!) 

The Body Shop Super Volume Mascara: aka doesn't do what it says on the tin. I was very disappointed with this mascara as it did add volume but you could barely see your lashes, it didn't curl or lengthen and my lashes stayed very straight. However, with a good curl this mascara is very good for when wearing a smoky eye just to add a bit of definition. 

RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment