photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Friday 9 August 2013

Derby to Durham and the crazy people aboard this train




I'm 30 minutes from my destination and this train journey has been one of my more interesting. There's a festival in Edinburgh this weekend (as everyone in the SILENT coach felt the need to talk about) So the train is packed. It's ok I have Lana to listen to. 

So a man was sat in my seat when I got on the train but said that was his seat. Unless you're going where I'm
Going - which I hope not- you're in my seat. I have a ticket! Good job he can't read this. He's too engrossed in learning English, as he attempts out loud "no thank you I do not want apples", "where is the nearest pet shop". Deary me. 

A women has rejected a "treat yourself" (the waiter was far too happy) pastry because I was eating a banana. A very odd way to explain your "no". 

A grandma is taking her grand kids to York to go to a million places, all of which she decided to tell me whilst I was reading Pride and Prejudice. Bad move grandma, she was friendly though. She gave them A LOT of biscuits and sweets and, were they tortilla chips? Oh no the salsa is coming out- to a 5 year old?! Cue tomato and chilli all over the seat. I'm giving my children fruit bowls. Mean mother- there shall be no hyper children in my house. 

Did I mention me and children in the same sentence? I am going mad. 

And a man Inquiring about first class because coach F is apparently too "common" for him. I'm reading Jane Austen and you're readying the Sun. Classy. 

Weekend away- can't wait! - get me off this train though. 

RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment