photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Tuesday 6 August 2013

How to: get rid of under-eye dark circles

Yes you did read that right. I used get the WORST black, purply, bruisey eyes. I have tried everything over the years and even turned to my trusty ELLE magazine for extra guidance. 

I have found these products to be especially good: 



oh no! running low on Bio Oil 
I use four products, including getting enough sleep (this doesn't have to mean an early night! - it means a good 9 hours a night), putting down the Cava darling and lowering the salt (bad!) intake. Both alcohol and salt dehydrate your cells (hence the headache after a night out and feeling thirst after a McDonalds - which I hope you're not eating!) making your eyes puffy. 

Firstly, after I have washed, toned and moisturised my skin (I use Clinique 3 step) I use Botanics 'Refreshing Eye Roll On - All Bright'  This is applied using a cold metal ball which is massaged over the eye area to cool it down and reduce puffiness. 


After I have applied my make-up base I use Clinique 'All About Eyes' (I always receive these in the bonus time offers by Clinique- they last ages) with YSL 'Touche Éclait' (which I am now on my 3rd year of using) don't use too much because it will be obvious you're trying to hide your dark circles, also the added Clinique cream will make it thinner but will make it easier to blend. - Always use your ring finger (the one next to your little finger) to blend in make-up around the eye (or use a concealer brush) because the skin is very sensitive and a lot thinner. 


After I have taken off all of my make-up (use a hydrating cleanser and moisturiser) I use a very generous amount of Bio Oil - yes really, not just amazing for stretch marks and scars it is also clinically proven to even skin tone - including reducing the look of dark circles - its great to apply at night because it can be a little too oily under make-up or for in the day. 


Ok, I lied I use 5 products but the fifth I only use for special occasions or when my eyes are in desperate need of some TLC - Boots 'Cooling Eye Mask' which is great for using before you apply make-up for a night out or the morning after a night out when eyes are especially tired and need a pick me up. 


And of course, do not forget the power of cucumber for amazing hydration (they are like 99.674% which is why they taste not very nice but are so good for your eyes! - hence why beauticians still use them as part of your facial) - Cucumber can be used instead of the Boots mask - they virtually do the same job. 


A cold tea bag on each eye is also very soothing and hydrating!


bye dark circles!
 

RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment