photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Wednesday 14 August 2013

And so, I begin my holiday prep

I have finished work, had a great nights sleep and completed my daily 15 minute abdominal routine. Therefore, there is only two things left to do - go on holiday and of course, prep. 

This isn't your standard night out prep, this is full on "I'm going on holiday, I need the world to know" prep. Like a Strawberry Pavolova on a night out but an M&S Strawberry Pavlova for holiday. 

This is big - the girls are with me. 

I will be jet setting to the beautiful South-West coast of France for my 20th Summer there (and potentially my 25th time there) and prep gets more complex every time!

So here is what I shall be starting as soon as I have completed my daily 15-minute panic.

Starting with my face I shall be applying my mud mask (these are incredible and are basically clay which help to dry your skin and deep cleanse your pores - which is great to avoid getting spots from hot weather - best applied after a shower when your pores are open) 


Then because I have large pores on my face I shall use a Boots Tea Tree and Witch Hazel Nose Pore Strip to give the pores around my nose an extra clean and remove any blackheads or grease - nice. 

In the shower I shall be using a VO5 Hot Oil which you place in a mug of very hot water and apply before shampooing - it makes hair silky soft and very easy to handle. 

I will then be giving my legs and bum a very good scrub with Fat Girl Scrub (this isn't just for fat people! its great for smoothing and removing any dead skin - use before shaving but be careful not to be too abrasive) 

I use Boots Smooth Care Shave Gel Sensitive as it is the best I have found - even out of the branded gels and I use Wilkinson Sword Hydro Razor - I have heard the new Venus Razor with Olay is very good too! 

Out of the shower I shall apply Fat Girl Slim which will help to even my skin even more for photo ready legs!  

Then, its time for wax, wax, wax - really there is nothing to be scared of - we don't want a Miranda on 'Sex and the City' moment do we? - that was embarrassing! - it doesn't hurt one tiny bit - I've tried many home waxing kits for 'delicate areas' and this Jolen Salon Formula Microwave Wax is the gentlest I have used - I do have quite a high pain threshold when it comes to these sorts of things! - but a bikini wax at a salon is usually only around £7-£12 if you want to have an expert have a go first! - A day before you go use Skin Doctors Ingrow Go formula to remove any stubbornness! - enjoy! 
Mani and Pedi time! WOOHOO 

I recently did a post on 'Newspaper Nails' if you fancy something more arty - I have also written in this blog about how to remove cuticles safely.

I have Boots Soothing Gel Foot Mask which is incredible: remove any previous nail varnish, soak your feet in hot bubbly water, dry and apply a thick layer of the mask, leave to dry for 10 minutes then soak off again, dry feet and paint nails! 

I am going to use my very hard wearing Essie in Snap Happy #244 for my toes and then just a coat of Boots Base Coat and a coat of Boots Top Coat for my nails as finger nails get chipped very easily on holiday - I have spoilt many a £20 mani by going away! - so settle for a shiny coat to add a bit of something to your nails! 

Then just as I start to get very excited about 10pm I will apply a good helping of Fat Girl Slim Sleep which Bliss have to very kindly added lavender too and it smells delicious! - smoothing and soothing all in one. Ahhhhhhh 

So, beauty aside, I have downloaded the latest issue of Vogue onto my iPad (£2.99 on the iPad but £3.99 from a shop), downloaded The Picture of Dorian Grey - Oscar Wilde and made a summer playlist - which is potentially too embarassing to share with you... but to stop you guessing it includes 'Superstar' by Jamelia - classic

and also 'Work' by Iggy Azalea - amazing.

I have put my favourite TV programmes on to record: 'Hotel Hell' with Gordon Ramsay and 'Britain and Ireland's Next Top Model' - because I want Sarah to win! 

And don't forget to watch Mo Farah run in the 5,000m final on Friday at 5:15pm (6:15pm if you're in France, like me) if you listen hard enough you will probably hear me screaming at the TV. 

If you're going away anywhere, enjoy and don't forget your prep!

Love

RHS x

No comments:

Post a Comment