photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Monday 2 September 2013

September 1st 2013

I was dropped off in Nottingham at 10:30am to catch my train (I know, I stepped over the boarder- and even in the early hours of a Sunday I definitely saw a drug handover). 

The train journey in itself wasn't that interesting although there were no plug sockets - I know - so it was the old fashioned reading I had to undertake - Sibyl Vane dies, sorry if that ruins it. I haven't finished yet! 

I arrived in London St Pancras (international, ofcourse) at 12:45 and was greeted by a pile up at the ticket gates because no one had the right ticket and 11 out of the 10 weren't working. 

I met my friend (after we both spotted the same guy wearing a Durham University tracksuit!) just outside Kings Cross and then we had to get the underground. Collectively we have done this 4 times in our whole lives and were with people who knew what they were doing that time. 

We had to risk that the tickets we had would work so we proceeded to the Victoria Line, well I did and nearly got my hand ripped off when my large suitcase got trapped in those silly gates, nightmare, so a pleasant girl used her mussel card to let me through and it worked for me then wouldn't let her trough, oops sorry! 

So we found our tube, after we realised we wanted southbound - obvs. Ah so several stairs, lifts and escalators later we arrived at Green Park to take the next tube to Waterloo. 

Ahh the area of Waterloo, where we greeted by a "painter" in a dodgy park, with a can of carling (whilst we were enjoying a snack of nuts and gourmet sandwiches) started telling us we would "make it far... You will... I mean that...don't let anyone tell you you're wrong or can't do something" he rattled on so we declared our train out of Waterloo was 10 minutes before it was so we kindly legged it. 

Ahh it was decided us three friends would tackle top golf - a very popular place where you hit balls and aim for targets to get points, now I haven't played golf for 5 years but I am definitely starting again! But it's not the place for good players (average players) because none of my balls went into the targets. But they did to a long way- so unfair. But my other friend was a pro! Now my other friend is a lefty and she'd never played golf, so that was an interesting experience... She definitely progressed! 

Now today where heading round London to see the sights then have an expensive night out... Can't wait! 

Happy holidays! 
(Marbella in 1 yay!)

RHS x 
Waterloo station & the London eye 

No comments:

Post a Comment