photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Saturday 19 October 2013

When 20 becomes 30 and 30 becomes 40

I'm nearly 20 (precisely 8 weeks today) which as I keep saying to people means I'll be nearly 30 which then means I'll be nearly 40 which by then I'll have minus two kids (the kids I would have had if I hadn't been climbing a career ladder) and I'll be happily single with a cat called Elliott (if its a boy or Felicity if its a girl- the names I would have called my children). 

So "nearly" meaning "almost" or "fairly close to" -  I know there is a decade between 20 and 30 and 30 and 40 (A in GCSE Maths, not many people can say that you know) however to me that will be the next milestone and ever since Jennifer Garner was in 13 going on 30 I never could wait to be 30 (flirty and thriving, say it with me!). Now however at the tender, ripening (no really, crows feet, expensive eye concealer, firming body lotion) age of 19 I am nearly (that word again) half way through my degree, which two mornings ago I questioned where a year has gone - seriously who do I write to about this. I hope its not RBS. 

So we lead onto another thing. RBS. I'm turning into my grandmother (she's 70, I'm 19 going on 70, it gets better doesn't it) and she always told me to have one bank, which I did till I was 14 and wanted a debit card (basically my portal to buying Topshop, or the 1/5095th I could afford, which was great because at 14 I was a tidy 6 and oh does Topshop love to serve the skinny, as we learn as we turn 16, 17, "oh my I'm curvy" 18, "time to become a 10" 19). I'm getting sidetracked; RBS want me to write in to close my bank account, in this day and age. As Natalie said "where is my owl". "write in" who do they think I am?! I'll write an email and write in a letter of complaint. 

Where was I? I'm currently having a conversation (Facebook Mail, who has time to meet and talk anymore?!) with someone (might be Mike) about how I don't go out much (its been 2 weeks of actual term and I have been out three times now I think that is me going slightly crazy and has lead to me assess my mental health however to most students that is a dismal effort and probably brands me with a 3rd class honours and leads to several forfeits). Who wants to go out anyway when you can read Charlotte Brontë or watch a Sarah Jessica Parker film and drink dandelion and burdock tea (with a hint of peppermint). Ok its official I am getting slightly boring but I want a good degree and a good CV and good skin when I'm 40 - you don't want to know what all the sugar in alcoholic drinks does to your skin, after all 40 is just around the corner - I'm halfway there! (nearly). Don't worry I'm going out on Thursday AND Saturday next week! (I'll be careful).

Anyway, this was my break from reading about how Japan have outdone the U.S. in manufacturing by keeping costs low etc and how Darwin has explained why we prefer to eat sugar and fat. 

I'll let you decide which is the most interesting

Rant over
RHS x

P.S. If anyone missed JD and Mike's heart to heart in Storytellers on Thursday please ask them to reenact it - it was beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment