photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Friday 29 November 2013

The most wonderful time of the year

Nigella's taking cocaine, Ryan Giggs has turned 40 (insert love or hatred for him here), Christmas trees are going up, lights are being turned on, Christmas songs are being played in stores, Movember is nearly, NEARLY over (cannot come quick enough!), my Christmas jumper has made its first appearance and yes, I have downloaded my Christmas album onto my iPod - however, I haven't yet listened to them (much). In my house the Christmas decorations go up around the 16th December, after my birthday, of course and we usually just have a modest tree and a nativity scene, however at Uni, as we are only here for two weeks of December, decorations have been up for nearly a week. Essays are due in, there are nights out to be had, naked calendar launches to be squinted at, birthdays to celebrate, secret Santa's, one too many glasses of mulled wine and an unhealthy amount of mince pies to be consumed. As well as about four traditional Christmas meals to be had before actual Christmas day. My mother rang me the other day to say she had ordered our turkey from a colleague who's husband owns a farm, she has called it Ethel and Ethel shall be £40. Forty pounds?! We'll have three... 

It is essentially time to start buying presents. I have already bought my flat mates' presents, they are hiding under my desk, away from prying eyes, awaiting to be wrapped. Talking of wrapping paper, B&M has the best deal: 12 metres for £1 - incredible, however, if you want a variety of wrapping paper, Card Factory are doing 3x3metre rolls for £1 - take your pick! B&M also do a box of four wrapping paper rolls with lots of bows and ribbons for £4.99 - I've done my research. I'm so sad. Its procrastination at its best. Boots also has Maximuscle Progain on offer HALF PRICE (£25) - so tempting. 

Two weeks now till it is the end of term (and my birthday woop) and although I went home last weekend there is always something nice about home (and the fresh air, free from ill Stockton-ers, someone in the shopping centre today just sneezed and didn't cover his mouth as I walked past. What is this country). There is always Ben and Jerry's in my favourite flavour - Blondie Brownie and food is on tap with a quick text to Dad asking him to pick up goats cheese, pâte and a small amount of caviar (only joking! we don't eat pâte that much). I have the house to myself in the day and it is so quiet. No one having far too much fun in the room above mine, no locals getting arrested outside, a clean kitchen and bathroom and not having to worry about how much electricity is being used. Bliss. 

I almost can't believe how fast this year has gone (yawnnn), yesterday I was at work for NYE, then I was in an exam hall, then I was in Marbella and now I am writing Christmas cards and finding the best wrapping paper deals - I'm actually an old lady, after all, my name is Ruth (expectation: Ruth sits quietly by the fire and knits, reality: Ruth sits by the fire (at home, obvs) and reads E.M.Forster... completely different people). 

The gym will also be packed after Christmas and the "post-Christmas lunch" workouts will go up with challenges including "run for four hours just to burn off one mince pie" - basically meaning I feel claustrophobic in the gym. Just don't eat too much! Last year was hilarious when I got a training schedule from Athletics for over the Christmas holidays which said "a steady 30 minute run on Christmas day is essential" - Sorry, what? Do we think Jesus would approve of missing his birthday for a training session, definitely not, I'll miss the jelly and ice cream. ha. 

I'm not saying M**** C********* before the 1st December, therefore, 
Much Love! 
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment