photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Sunday 17 November 2013

Kalinka


I don't know why I'm writing this post. I think I might get rather told off if I don't write it (it isn't very much in my favour). This post is about last night, for the first time I went to Kalinka in Middlesbrough on a Saturday - the usual time to go is every 4th Thursday with uni, but I didn't go then either - My first impression was quite good - I learnt that anyone who lives south of Leeds is classed as "posh" - As my wrist was strangled with the wrist band he was putting on - but when I said I was from "Derbyshire" he imitated me in a very Chelsea-esque way and said anything with "shire" on the end is posh - there we go. Learn something new everyday. 

But I'm skipping about two hours here. None of my flat went out (Sarah was ill and snuggled up on the sofa watching X Factor with M&S chocolate rolls - I had one when I got back, thanks Sarah. Natalie was somewhere up North (further up North) watching someone at the Sage... Kodaline? - I felt like I was there after receiving about two minutes of their concert) so it was just myself, Rachel, Andy, Mark, Hazel (where did she go?) and Tom. I got to Rachel's to find I had forgotten my watch (I basically could have been naked - it was weird) but I wasn't harassed crossing the high street - maybe for the fact that there were Police everywhere - but still, quite a good crossing there. I had bought a bottle of wine (only half due to Tuesday's antics) and arrived to find Rachel FaceTiming (is this an official verb?) several people and already fairly squiffy, I needed to catch up. So much to say that I did and ended up taking several too many snapchats of Rachel dancing to her "commercial house" music and Tom trying to get his JD into his Coke can - this requires an immense amount of concentration. 

Moving on... We arrived at Kalinka and had the already stated "posh-banter" (panter? maybe not...) with the bouncers and headed to the bar - so it was £2.50 for a double vodka and mixer but £3.05 if you wanted it with cranberry juice! - what a rip off... It was a cocktail for £3 so I swiftly moved onto those for the rest of the night - I believe I was having a Strawberry Woo Woo, of which my second came in a glass tankard. Lad. The music was amazing, if you've been to Bijoux in Newcastle on a Tuesday night it was like that with songs mashed together, changing after a minute or so, that keeps the night going. Of course it was time for a Miley tune in which I had "TWERK"shouted at me... now, I know it is in my distant heritage to be able to but I really really cannot (sorry to disappoint) so I just said that I'd perform a "gym-esque" squat - which was accepted then I was accused of my squat being "more than a squat" - I was just performing my gym exercises - so embarrassing. I then initiated a tete-a-tete with my Kit Kat Chit Chat partners (I had to swap sessions so basically I am a traitor to Charlie and Tom was claiming he's a better KKCC partner - I didn't and will not disclose my opinion but it was funny to watch them) 

The night began to draw to a close when the boys decided they wanted a takeaway - we walked outside - I hobbled at this point, I haven't worn heels like those since the summer so my feet were broken and completely abused. I was on the verge of tears - far too much dancing is a great reason for your feet to hurt - so I did the unthinkable and the unforgettable and the unforgivable and took my shoes off - I thought this would be easier then it turned out to be, but it felt amazing to take them off. There is one thing that was worse than me taking my shoes off outside - Mark being sick in Middlesbrough Train Station - classy... especially when Tom screamed "did you hear that! haha he's just been sick!" it wasn't a pleasant sound. 

I was virtually carried to the takeaway (due to my feet hurting, not intoxication) where I put my shoes back on - I am a trooper - and sat whilst everyone else ate their takeaway - I was laughed at when I said I was going home to have porridge as my end of night "treat" - don't judge.

We got into the taxi and I realised that I had been tweeted saying that I hadn't ever been seen so tipsy or "drunk" as Tom put it and Andy saying that I had "twerked the life" out of myself - which I didn't, I was just giving my quads a good work out, which, last time I checked, isn't twerking. If you want Twerking, you need Tom Perkins - he puts Miley to shame. I explained my workout routine if I were to have a takeaway - It would last about 4 days and comprise of a 20km run - yes, really. Tom informed me that he ran home to begin to burn off his burger and said that I was an inspiration - I'm flattered that I reach so many people (just Tom) with my fitness beliefs. 

It was a great night. And no, I wasn't drunk or anything like that but in second year I haven't gone out very much so when I do I always make sure its a good night. Which it so was!
I am surprisingly awake, alive and un harmed considering the alcohol consumption #winning 

Time to finish that seminar work... 
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment