photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Monday 16 December 2013

Happiness

Since my last post, I have returned from Uni, turned 20, been to bars in Derby that I have never ventured in before (and probably won't again until I take out a loan), had my nails painted, put up my first ever real Christmas tree, had a dinner party with close family friends and drank rather a large quantity of French red. 

20th Birthday drinks! 
And over the past two days I have been unbelievably happy, I thought I was before Saturday (which I was) but something that I saw on Saturday made me realise how happy I actually am (and you all will be as well!... or at least I hope - if not let me know and I'll whack out some warm fuzzies... ). 

So I woke up on Saturday morning, my 20th birthday, to be greeted by my parents with a Yves Saint Laurent gift and a Ted Baker gift bag, who doesn't love material items?! Then my mum handed me a voucher to get my nails done in my favourite spa in Derby. I was just going for a simple manicure when Mrs Lillian Bettencourt (look her up) walked in. Or should I saw Ms. She began ordering around the six-month pregnant manager of the Spa with all of these dates she wanted "beautifying" as she had a "ridiculous amount" of Christmas Parties that she simply must look fantastic at darling. She booked two pedicures in one week (how they are fitting her in, I do not know - unless it comes to monetary terms - the senior manager is on maternity leave and there are two junior therapists and the manager - who's pregnant). She also booked in four spray tans between now and New Years Eve, two facials between now and NYE and other things that I can't even pronounce or were just too extreme to contemplate. All this happened whilst she was checking her emails on her gold iPhone 5S and shaking her wrists whilst she showed off her rose gold Marc Jacobs watch and Links of London bracelet - which nobody asked to see. She then threw down her Prada and began taking off her boots to have a pedicure - which involved a serious amount of cling film, foil and what looked like soaked muslin. This was a serious pedicure for a women who's feet looked like they'd been pampered an hour previous. 

She then talked about her "breakfasts" with Mr x (not her husband, not sure whether it was her partner or not - sounded more like a business thing) - who does "breakfast"?! And then how she had started having botox in her nose... yes, not her forehead or crows feet (of which she had none because clearly she has had botox there)... she said it only bled for 20 minutes and she felt like she had a new nose... 

Whilst I waited for my nails to dry I was just staring in adoration at this woman who had clearly a ridiculous amount of money to spend on these kind of treatments and she looked incredible - her hair was perfect her make up was incredible, she wore Prada and a cute Joules knit. But there was no way she was happy. I could  see it in her eyes, especially when she looked at me like I was a piece of dust that had scraped her pedicure. It was like she was superior but actually she knew that everyone knew she was deep down trying to cover something up. I don't know what, thats obvs a bit deep for a spa, but it was interesting to see. I wonder how her pedicure held up and how her parties went. 

The pregnant woman was happy, she's wanted a baby for a really long time and now she's finally eight weeks away from the bundle of joy (errrr) entering the world. However she said she has been unbelievably sick since the first month of being pregnant, but she said it is so worth it. If you can be sick four times a day for five months and still be extremely optimistic and excited that is definitely pure happiness. 

Today, I am reasonably happy, I woke up with a pile of dishes to wash and champagne flutes to not break as well as having just compiling all of my assignments that are due in. I have six. Yes six. That have all been given to us in the space of four days. They range from 1,500 words to 4,500 words. The silver lining is that they are not due in till 10th March, some not till 2nd May! #winning. Still that is going to be a long Christmas of planning. BUT who cares... its Christmas! - that is very exciting news! 

It is interesting things that make up happy, usually the material, tangible things are only a temporary cure, I'm happy when people find mistakes in my blog posts because I can't be bothered to check them. At least you know they are written by me and not some robot I have employed! 

I hope you have a fantastic Christmas and a very happy New Year
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment