photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Tuesday is the day of rest

I'm exhausted. I actually have done very little today, there isn't much to do when you have no car and your parents are at work till 7pm each evening and the only friends you have near is 17 baa-ing sheep. 

However, I have actually been quite productive. I woke up at 8am - I'm quite shocked - from another nightmare! That is the second in two nights, hmm... anyway I couldn't get back to sleep so I got up had my thick porridge with honey, read four pages of last months ELLE magazine that I haven't got round to reading yet and jumped in the shower, threw on some clothes and decided it was time to finish my application for L'Oréal. I started this on 27th November, it said I had till 30th December so there was no rush. I got to the stage where it asked me for my CV and decided to save it there and come back. BUT I have finally submitted my whole application, I have also managed to apply to two more summer internships - Actually that does sound rather productive, one with a recruitment consultancy company and one with a bank in retail general management. 

After that I did feel quite accomplished, although when I received an email from all three saying I had to wait to hear anything till 12th January I was a bit like oh... great! Oh well... no online psychometric tests till then, which means I have plenty of time to start revising. Which I did, after a 30 minute walk in knee-deep mud and sheep and a tuna sandwich. I sat down to Law. It took me two hours to read eleven pages of the textbook (half a chapter, not even one lecture), not because I'm a slow reader or because I couldn't be bothered but because the stupid thing is so text heavy it almost sent me to sleep. 

So I stopped, ate two crackers with Wensleydale and cranberry cheese, a fruit salad, a GÜ pot, a banana, a biscuit and the last two days of my advent calendar (plus the cardboard). It sounds a lot but not really... hopefully we're having a full boar tonight, I'm so hungry! So then I wrapped mother and father's present and put them under the sagging Christmas tree (its a real one and its boughs are almost on the floor... we can barely fit presents underneath).

Two hours later, here I am, awaiting my mother's arrival home for some actual human communication (as opposed to Lady Gaga who tried to bite my hand off when I fed her, after which I got very itchy eyes and sneezed for about an hour). I am convinced I am going to start some more Law, but I just really cannot be bothered. 

I'm definitely feeling Love Actually tonight.

RHS x 

p.s. Congratulations to Natalie for passing her driving test. I'm so proud!xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment