photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Sunday 5 January 2014

It doesn't do to dwell


Happy Sunday! 

I love Sundays, my parents are playing golf (or spoiling a good walk, depending on how they play), I have to clean the kitchen (which I love because I'm an OCD clean-freak at heart), there is football on the TV (Derby County vs. Chelsea, BT Sport 1:30pm - see you there), I have an assignment to write (not so much to love about that...), later we will be partaking in a lovely Sunday tea - I believe we are having pork tenderloin (or latissimus dorsi as I like to call it), washed down with some excelled vin rouge from some region of France, followed by a few scoops of Ben and Jerries, finishing the assignment and reading. I have to have a relaxing Sunday as I go for a long run Monday mornings - we'll see about that. 

Anyway, the title of this post, I will admit, is a bit deep but I live my life by this quote (try to) and I have only just learnt who said it AND that it isn't the full quote! The full quote is "it doesn't do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" - now this to me could be interpreted very differently. Dreams as in "future plans and aspirations" or dreams as in "that really scary one I had a few nights ago". But this quote comes from J.K.Rowling - surely the biggest dreamer on the planet?! No one can write that many books about magic without a little bit of dreaming. Therefore I have edited her quote to "It doesn't do to dwell"

I am the biggest worrier ever - hence why I am never having children and why I stay well away from anything merely bad for me and run just incase I get a blocked artery from eating two biscuits in one day. A bit extreme, but so, so true. If you dwell, the problem seems worse and gets blown out of proportion, but if you skip through life without a care in the world a) you're the envy of everyone, b) how do you do it? and c) you're probably living life the best way! A little bit of worrying is good for us as it keeps us on our toes but dwelling to the point of insanity never helped anyone and it drains your energy then you need to buy Manuka honey which never helps anyone because it is so flipping expensive. Forgetting to live is the worst part, you'll miss so much time and when you hit 40 you'll look back and see how much time you wasted worrying - trust me, a wise owl told me it once - not in a dream! Very philosophical for a girl of 20 - but I've had a lot of practise!

Have a good Sunday and a fabulous week! (I really must get back to my assignment) 
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment