photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Saturday 4 January 2014

My favourite Soundcloud finds so far

I've been on Soundcloud for just over a year now (click on the little cloud under my blog title) and I love the way you are introduced to new artists that no one has heard of and then you hear them on Radio 1 Introducing four months later and feel like you could compete with Dr Dre. in the music production industry... maybe. Then there is the trap-y remixes that have you tripping out and the chilled covers by Mary-Jane Jones in Alabama U.S. - take a look, you'll understand what I mean (NB: I made Mary-Jane up - but she might be on there somewhere!) 


Here are my favourite finds so far:


Lana Del Rey - Summertime Sadness Cedric Gervais RMS - Trapped it! Remix - what isn't to like about a remix of a remix?




A$AP Rocky - Fashion Killa [E] - not a remix but Soundcloud is how I came across this beaut of a song; "her pistol go" is still a confusing lyrics but when it's A$AP Rocky, who cares?


Cameron Mitchell - Skinny Love (cover) - slowing things down with this beautiful voice. Love the video on YouTube to this too tres Indie. 



Rihanna feat. Kanye West - Diamonds (Remix) - great lyrics from Kanye (first name terms) then a sneak preview from Rihanna (nice of her to turn up)


Daughter - Medicine (Sound Remedy Remix) - I was first introduced to this by the lovely Natalie when I told her I liked Daughter but they (She?) needed to add a bit more of a beat for me to listen to in the gym and the Angel came up with this - Thanks Nat! - now, where not talking Skrillex or Ministry of Sound Pump It Up but were talking a beat better than the usual Daughter delivery...


Luke Sital-Singh - Nothing Stays the Same - What a good one to finish on, he starts very subdued but later in the track you can feel his passion and fantastic lyrics. Very impressed he has his own Vevo channel too! 



Join Soundcloud! You might discover something no one else has ever heard of and that's a great feeling. 

Happy listening
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment