photo twitter_bird_zpscad4abed.png  photo pinterest_zps60c2bd76.png  photo heart_zps2981f81f.png  photo tumblr_zpsa13bff91.png  photo facebook_zps273c635f.png  photo sound_cloud_zpsa872d86d.png

Sunday 26 January 2014

Sweet dreams




Sometimes lying awake over-thinking anything is enough to make you more tense, worried and therefore leave you sleepless (unfortunately not in Seattle). I have lots of secret weapons that I have been pondering whether to share or not, but I have decided, now I have heard a few people aren't sleeping well at the minute with exams, assignments and every day stresses, to tell everyone my secrets! 

I have just bought another box of Dr Stuart's Valerian Plus tea. I now swear by this, every night, an hour before I go to bed I have at least one mug of this. Valerian is proven to make you sleepy and relaxed. This tea is incredible, after a couple of sips you could fall asleep - its quite powerful! The taste took some getting used to, it contains Fennel which is the main taste. I'm not a big fan of Fennel as a spice but mixed with Hops, Limeflowers and Valerian Root it is a very tasty tea. 

My next secret is This Works: Breath In which is a rollerball for your pulse points (I use it on my wrists and temples, sometimes on my neck or inside of my knees if I'm feeling really exotic). It contains Lavender and Frankincense which is very relaxing, I sometimes pack this in my bag if I have a long day at Uni. It is very versatile and can be used for anything, not just sleeping. The smell is strong and once you've worn it to bed a few times it covers your sheets and they permanently smell of Lavender - mm-mmm. It is really cost efficient as well; I have had this for about six months now and I'm only half way through its 5mls! 



Team this with The Body Shop Dreamy Pillow & Body Mist for an added feeling of melting into Lavender. I only just realised that this is a body mist - its not Channel No.5 so I wouldn't leave the house wearing it as my perfume but for bed it is my perfume of choice. I spray it onto my pillow and sheets about five minutes before I get into bed. This is a really dreamy product, I take it when I go to hotels as I know this can cause a sleepless night, in a place you're not used to. It contains camomile and jujube - I have just looked this up and it has loads of medicinal uses. It is a natural sedative, traditionally used to alleviate stress, as an anti-inflammatory, wound healing and slowing the heart rate. I used to have the This Works pillow spray but that ran out really quickly and was quite expensive. 

Next is Kalms Sleep - don't be scared to take these tablets, I take between 3-4 a night, even if I'm tired already and don't need any extra Valerian. They promote restful sleep mainly, so once you're asleep, you're more likely to stay asleep all night. I also feel a lot more refreshed after I have used them, like I've had an extra few hours, which is great! and if  you take them just after you're meal at the end of the day, a few hours later you will be snoozing like a baby. I took these all the time when I was taking my A-Levels and have recently started taking them again, they are really versatile and completely natural. They have the same ingredients as the Tea mentioned above, so the two teamed together give the body extra Valerian which it will greatly thank you for when it needs to repair itself overnight. 

Last and potentially my most important product for a great nights sleep is Clinique Turnaround Overnight Radiance Moisturizer - Admittedly, not the cheapest of products, however it lasts for ever, I have had this over a year now and I'm nearly finished. But if I don't use a night cream - especially this one - I wake up and have to snap chat my friends my Shrek face - and yes I do mean with a slight tinge of green - If you get those snapchats when I forgot my night cream - I have only done it twice (I learned the hard way) - you are very loved. I use this as it sets my skin up for the day, there is no SPF in night cream and it is very rich to repair all your cells. Skin care is so important and protecting you'll thank yourself later for looking after your skin when you're young (although it is never too late!). Invest in a good night cream/serum and you might be able to go make-up-less the next day! 

So that is it, my secrets are out, but they were getting my worst kept secrets as all these products work wonders. Team them with a great film or book and turn off the electricals! And you are prepared for an incredible nights sleep! 


Don't let the bed bugs bite!
RHS x 

No comments:

Post a Comment